Monday 20 August 2007

Day 5 - 7/100

Haven't been able to post for a few days as I've been busy working on my dissertation. It's due on 7th Sept so I'm in panic mode now. It's taken some of the focus off LL but I'm still going strong.

I had my first stop-in session on Saturday 18th Aug and was delighted to discover I'd lost 7lbs. I was absolutely chuffed to find I'd done so well in the first four days. It made everything seem worthwhile and definitely inspired me to keep going (especially after the bad day I had on day 4). I think that getting weighed after a few days in the first week is a really good way of motivating people as it shows you that something positive is actually starting to happen and you're not doing it all for nothing.

Sunday was a pretty good day. I went to see Hairspray (fabulous, sparkly fun - although the sight of John Travolta in drag was very disconcerting) and then did some more Uni work. I'll be relieved when I just have to go to work and don't have all the studying to do on top!

Today was my first day back in the office after a couple of weeks off. I was absolutely dreading the early start but got out of bed ok. I don't think that the promised increase in energy from doing this diet has kicked in properly yet. Although I don't think I was quite as lethargic as normal. I made sure I had my shake before I left the house. I think this diet is making me eat more regularly than I ever did before as I never used to have breakfast.

I tried the fruit bar for lunch and it was delicious. Really, I mean it. I was very surprised - it's probably the first thing I've tried that I would actually eat if I wasn't on this diet.

All through the day I was drinking water non-stop so I was unpleasantly surprised when I got to my session and found that I was really dehydrated (not used to the peeing on a stick thing yet). Apparently if you get two bad results like that they have to take you off the programme. I think it was due to the fact that I had to travel home on the tube and it was really hot. I didn't want to drink very much while I was on the train either as it's a bit difficult to time the loo stops. I think I'm just going to have to make sure that I drink more water at work than at home as the office is really stuffy too.

As for the first official weigh-in, I lost another 2lbs so that takes my total for the first week up to 9lbs!!! I'm proud of myself for sticking with this and it's made me more determined than ever to carry on. Well done to my friend too as she also did really well!

3 comments:

Conn76 said...

Mate,

A great start or what? I don't think we can expect losses like that again but a great way to start.

Update your ticker!

Liz
xxx

Amanda said...

Congratulations on the 9lb loss, that's brilliant. It really does motivate you when you see the pounds coming off.

Keep it up and the water really does help.

Amanda x

Such A Pretty Face... said...

Well done, thats a great start.

Amanda is right, the more you drink the more it helps. I'm convinced I lost 7lbs on the 2nd week because I upped my water to 5-6litres a day.

Keep up the good work- the pounds will continue dropping off.
x