Friday 17 August 2007

Day 4/100

I woke up in a really good frame of mind this morning. I was slightly concerned that, so far, I hadn't experienced any of the really bad withdrawal symptoms which I was expecting. I've had very few cravings, no headaches to speak of (apart from a very minor one on day 1 I think), and I haven't really been that hungry. In fact I was starting to feel pretty guilty.

Didn't have to wait long though did I? By midday I was in a terrible mood, snapping at any family members who happened to come near me, and I felt starving hungry. So this was what day 4 was going to be like, eh??

I think that some of this was due to the fact that I stayed at my sisters last night and forgot to take a foodpack for this morning, so I didn't have anything apart from water until early afternoon when I got home. I also didn't really drink enough water early on (only 1.5 litres by midday) so I've probably only got myself to blame. I did make this up to 4 litres by the end of the day though. I only hope that this doesn't affect my weight loss for tomorrow. The comfort is that the official week 1 weigh-in won't be until Monday. Hopefully I should be seeing results by then.

Aside from the cravings I had a lovely day. I spent most of it with my mum, my sister and my niece. It was really nice to catch up. I can't seem to avoid spoiling my niece rotten as she's so adorable, so she ended up with some gorgeous new clothes and lots of toys from Mothercare. Oh dear, this is why my bank balance looks so permanently unhealthy! I can't help it though.

This evening I met up with a friend and went to see the new Bourne film. How I love Matt Damon when he's all actiony and grrr. I don't really like him in anything else but the Bourne films do seem to bring out the best in him. Very fast paced and frenetic, although I did think it was missing a bit of emotional impact in comparison to the first film. At the beginning of the film I could see my friend skulkily trying to eat her popcorn without me noticing so that I wouldn't feel deprived. This was really sweet and supportive but I insisted that she go ahead and eat as I have to get used to other people eating around me sometime. It's not like the rest of the people in the cinema weren't munching away.

Afterwards we headed off to the pub for a couple of drinks (water for me!) and had a really good catch-up. I thought an evening in the pub without alcohol would be really difficult but once I was there it was fine. We had a good chat and I didn't even notice that I was drinking water rather than something alcoholic.

On the way home from the pub is normally the time that I am tempted to get fast food (normally McDonalds). I will admit that I did succumb to thinking about how delicious this would be for just a couple of minutes. Miraculously though, I knew that there was no way I would end up there. I got home unscathed!

Am now holding my breath until the weigh-in tomorrow morning to see if it's all been worth it. Famous last words...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hi Jen,

Hope your first weigh-in went OK and well done on avoiding MacDonalds.

I didn't really have any withdrawal symptons, apart from one massive headache in the evening on the second day. Apart from that I've felt totally fine.

Keep up the good work and look forward to hearing how you got on.

Amanda x