Wednesday 15 August 2007

Day 2/100

I managed to get through the second day without cheating! I'm not really having any cravings yet, although I am missing the activity of eating. I think it's just habit to be honest. I drank my 4 litres of water and tried the raspberry shake (nice), mushroom soup (palatable), caramel and vanilla flavours (both horrible, hope I learn to like them as time goes on).

Today has been pretty quiet. I've just done some uni work which I've been putting off for ages (not done anywhere near enough obviously as my dissertation is due in a few weeks!). It's hard to manage work and studies so I should be taking advantage of my time off. Trouble is I can't seem to concentrate on it as all I can think about is LL. Not the food (or lack of), just the idea of doing the diet itself, and the positive things this will lead to.

I'm finding that updating this blog is really helping as it gives me something to focus on at the end of the day. It's also really encouraging to get positive comments from people who've also done LL and know what it's like. I'm also finding other people's blogs very motivational.

Anyway, just a quick one for today. Off to bed now (mmm, sleep).

3 comments:

Conn76 said...

Hey Jen,

2 down.. So I tried solids today - tried to make crisps but they were not good. I've been given a few cookery tips by Lesley - see my comments - I'll try those tomorrow.

Still up for Russell Brand tomorrow... go on!!

xxx

Amanda said...

Hi Jen,

Glad you got through your second day OK.

I like the vanilla milkshakes, but I normally have them in the morning for breakfast as a sort of cold latte. I just add a teaspoon of coffee to the water & shake and then mix it all up. You can also add coffee to the chocolate shake too, but I prefer this in the vanilla.

Keep up the good work.

Amanda x

Sandra said...

With the flavours, you'll find you like some and not others. The only two I don't like are caramel and raspberry. I only have chicken and mushroom occasionally as I find them a bit bland. I LOVE banana and strawberry and I'm quite fond of chocolate and vanilla. I don't bother with the fruit bars as I've decided it tastes of nothing really. The lemon bars I like made into biscuits in the microwave. The toffee bars are quite good cut into chunks and put in the freezer - then chew them like caramels. My favourite bar is the Nut Crunch but everyone else in my group hated them - so don't blame me if they are not your cup of tea once you're allowed them! It's savoury not sweet and is a bit like a chewy crispbread with peanut bits. Some people say it tastes like cardboard but I love it.

It's all personal taste...

Good luck and congrats on two days down.

Sandra
www.livejournal.com/users/kiwirevo