Monday 13 August 2007

And so it starts (almost)

I had my first LL session this evening. It was such a relief to finally get to the first meeting and know that I am about to embark on this, I hope, life changing journey. There are about 8 of us in our group so far and everyone seems really lovely. Hopefully we will bond over the next few weeks and it will become a really open environment for us to share our worries, and for us to talk each other out of any inclination to lapse back into bad habits! Our counsellor also seems very genuine and enthusiastic so I think that will help to motivate the group and put us at ease.

Tonight our counsellor asked us to reveal what we were thinking about on the way to the meeting and how we feel about embarking on an abstinence programme. Unlike every other diet I've started in the past, I can honestly say that I just feel excited and enthusiastic. I genuinely feel that I can do this and succeed in losing the weight where I have failed before. I don't know what to attribute this positive attitude to but I think maybe that the time is finally right. I think I'd be foolish to imagine that I won't feel like throwing in the towel in the first few days when the cravings I have been told to expect are at their worst. However, I have so many supportive friends and family members who are willing me to do well that I think I'll be ok. I'll try to post every day so that I can keep track of the high and low points, and hopefully distract myself when I'm not doing so well.

On the way home from the meeting tonight I stopped off at the supermarket and stocked up on peppermint tea. I'm not a big fan of black tea or coffee so this should be my lifesaver!! I also bagged myself a hand-blender for the shakes etc and some nice toiletries so I can pamper myself later in the week when I'm feeling in need of a lift.

The first thing I did when I got in was de-clutter the kitchen of all the junk food I had stored in the cupboards. In their place there is now just a very neat row of foodpacks (colour coded and arranged by sweet / savoury - how sad am I?). Finally, the diet coke was binned and the fridge is now full of numerous bottles of water. All set for Day1 tomorrow then.

Wish me luck xx

2 comments:

Conn76 said...

Hey,

So, one pack down. I had banana for breakfast - which I whipped up a treat with the blender so it was really thick and delicious. Also 1 litre of water down!

Got to go and help the parents pack up their house! Hope that counts as excercise!

Liz
xxx

Amanda said...

Just found your blog from Liz's one, so had a quick read.

You sound so positive and when you see the weight coming off, it really does motivate you.

Hope your first day goes well and keep going, even if you do have a bad week with withdrawal/ cravings (I only had one day of this so I think I was quite lucky).

It really is worth it this diet and the 100 days will fly by.

Good luck & keep posting, this helps too.

Amanda x